Lately I’ve been spending more time hanging out with girls. Most of the other young people in my practice group at work are girls and we have regular lunches and hang out at work. And this weekend my friends Katie (from the blog) and Erin are visiting DC. Below is a list of a few things I’ve recently learned about girls:
- There are some fancy shoes with “Nike Air Technology” made by Cole Haan that girls in Washington like.
- Girls have different length jeans because they need to be longer if they are wearing heels and if they are something called “skinny jeans” they cant wear tennis shoes with them. It’s much more complicated than I ever imagined.
- The girls staying with me packed a combined 9 shoes for the weekend.
- The girls staying with me dont dry their jeans because they shrink, and if they were even a tiny bit smaller they couldn’t get into them. There are evidently also length issues involved with drying jeans.
- You aren’t supposed to wear brown and black together.
- Shirts can be too dark for really dark jeans.
- A lot of fights can be avoided if I say “OK” or “I agree”
- Maternity leave is sweet.
- Girls judge other women about twenty thousand times more harshly than men judge women or other men.
- The type of pockets a girls jacket has can determine whether she wears a purse and what kind she takes.
- Women on average take 47 minutes to get ready.
- Girls dont mind having other girls in the bathroom when they are in the shower.
- Girls curl their eyelashes
- Sometimes girls wear tights under jeans to stay warm
- Girls carry bandaids with them. Erin said “sometimes I wear four on my heels.”
Fellow men of Urbanagora, perhaps you can add some of the things you’ve learned. Women of Urbanagora, please help us understand.